Thursday, October 23, 2014

Red Butte Gardens After Dark

Last night, Natalie had one of her hardest nights.  She kept waking up and wanted me right by her side.  So this morning proved the result of last night.  Poor little one was so beat, she could barely eat her cereal, almost fell asleep after breakfast and again almost fell asleep on our walk after she stopped crying out of exhaustion.  Well we had a good last 5 minutes of our walk, when she started to engage in conversation.  I told her I thought she should go for a nap today and she said she didn't need to.  Well when we got home at noon I put on her show, and before the opening credits had ended, this is what I saw

She barely got her shoes off before passing out.



I spent the next hour trying to keep the boys quiet throughout lunch so they didn't wake up their exhausted sister.  It worked and I got them down for their nap around 12:30.  

I just happened to look at the calendar and realized that Laddies Cardiology appointment was today!  AHHH!  I couldn't believe I forgot.  So glad some thing told me to look though.  I love the spirit!  luckily El came home early to watch Ben and Natalie while I took Laddie to his appointment.  He really hates them, especially the X-Ray part.  But good news! His holes in his heart have all closed up!  No more abnormal heart murmers and no more visits.  They told us we didn't have to come back.  Yay!! 



he got a little donut on the way home for being such a trooper.  He was much happier after that!

  
 We then got ready with dinner in which I botched meatballs!  How I did that I don't even know, since I usually make great meat balls but I think it was the stress of rushing that made me foul.  I don't usually do very well at anything when I rush, so I'll chalk it up to that.  The kids got chicken nuggets for dinner and I made El a chicken dinner after since I felt so bad lol

We then got the kids all dressed up in their halloween costumes to head to Red Butte Gardens after dark with the Darais's.  The boys went as missionaries and I think its my favourite costume of the kids so far!  All the credit to El on this one!  We got so many great remarks tonight too from their costume!  Very excited about our ward trunk or treat and for our ward to see their costumes!  Natalie went as a very poofy tinkerbell and was just as equally cute!  Gardens after dark was so much fun, it made me think about getting a yearly pass for Red Butte Gardens.  We got to see Beauty and beasts rose, magic potions, the fairy retreat and maze, jack and the bean stalk and magic beans.  There was also Rapunzels tower, which we didn't see because the kids were getting tired and line was crazy, but we did get to meet Elsa!  That was the definitely the highlight!

On our way out the door

my little future missionaries 


Ada and Natalie posing together 



In her little fairy maze, she fit right in



This is actually called the Fairies house so fitting she was a little fairy in the house

Getting her magic beans at jack and the bean stalk

Having loads of fun on the swing with Ada


The cutest fairy around

The highlight of the night,  meeting Queen Elsa!  The girls were literally start struck!


No comments:

Post a Comment