Monday, October 20, 2014

Family home evening with the Darais's

Today was a pretty chill day.  Natalie spent the night over at grandma's so it was just me and the boys this morning.  We did a bit of cleaning, finally cleaned the huge pile of dishes the has collected and even watched a halloween episode of the rugrats.  I got the boys all ready to run to the grocery store to pick up my salad for tonight, but just as we were about to leave a knock on the door.  My visiting teachers.  I totally forgot!!  good thing I didn't leave.  Then about 10 minutes after 12, Tala came to the door with Natalie.  Natalie as so excited!  She was carrying three kids meals from McDonalds.  Grandma is always so good to us!  Always comes bearing gifts of some kind.  We love her!  We then watched a bit of TV (Once upon a time) my addiction haha and Natalie went down for her afternoon nap with her brothers.   The repair guy came and fixed our faucet in our bathtub since it was leaking pretty bad.  We played for an hour in the kids room while El was taking his online portion of his physics test.  98%!  Im so proud of this guy!  We played make believe, and Natalie wanted me to be the baby, so she fed me and put me to bed, the same way I put her to bed.  It was pretty cute.  I then ran over to the grocery store since I didn't get to this morning and did our weeks shopping, minus our costco trip we will need to make for chicken and vegetables.  We had an amazing dinner over at the Darais's house.  Home made chili and cornbread!  Awesome!  We then had our lesson on the resurrection since  the girls were a bit confused about what happens after we die, with all the ghosts during Halloween.   Natalie had a hard time listening tonight.  So that is something we are going to have to work with her more on in the coming weeks.  But a great evening still!  We just love the Darais family.  They are so much fun to be around and hang out with.

playing pretend while El was taking his test 


the delicious meal Lily prepared for us for FHE tonight

Ben playing their piano



this is a good shot of Natalie not listening during FHE.  We were trying to get ready and Natalie wanted to pretend to sleep on the ground in the sleeping bag.  We will be working on that

the little activity I planned after the lesson.  They all got to color halloween ghosts in the spirit of the Resurrection and Halloween




Natalie trying to exercise with her daddy




No comments:

Post a Comment