Saturday, October 4, 2014

General Conference and sickness

Today was the first day of General Conference and we all woke up around 11:30!  Natalie and I both had fevers last night (not bad) but bad enough to feel bad.  So I woke up at 8, ready to get the kids all ready to head to Natalie's ballet class, but felt like death and wanted to sleep for another 28 hours. Natalie and both boys were completely out, no signs of waking anytime soon, so I decided to let everyone get the rest they needed.  I also didn't want Natalie to get more sick if I woke her up and made her go, or get the other kids sick at dance.  But we got up, had a very relaxing morning.  El went to work last night and did tonight too.  They called him on Thursday, knowing he had quit and asked if he could come back for one weekend since they had to fire two people and were super short!  His honor was too high to say no, since they were so great to him and loved him so much!  Everyone was really happy to see him again which was sweet.  After our relaxing morning and time for me to find some energy, we took the kids for a lovely walk around temple square in between sessions.  It was so nice to do that!  I really love it.  And it was such a beautiful day today.  Usually October Conference is super chilly and rainy.  Such a blessing that today was so nice.  We then took the kids to get a little ice cream since Natalie asked and Arctic circle is about $1 for an ice cream. We don't usually get one, just the kids.  It was fun! We came home and the boys slept and Natalie and I had a nap and didn't wake up until 6:30!  Felt good though.  I then did a tiny bit of grocery shopping so I didn't have to go out tomorrow and we came home, I finished Natalie's fairy crown for halloween and we watched the halloween movie from the library one more time before I have to return it on Monday.

beautiful conference walk 


Laddy and Natalie playing and holding hands in the car.  I love my pumpkins! 



Natalie was playing with my phone and captured from pictures. I thought I would post them sine this is the kids view in the car.  Interesting from their point of view. 

I'm not really sure why, but her foot here looks huge!  Its much smaller in actuality 

Here is all my pieces to make Natalie's flower fairy crown.  I bought the basic crow for about $2 from kid to kid but don't really like it, so Im going to take all the original ugly flowers off and put new ones I bought just from the dollar store.  And add some fun leaves for that fairy feel.

And here is the finished project.  Im really excited to see what it looks like all together with her Tinkerbell dress.  I think she is going to love it! I do!



No comments:

Post a Comment