Monday, October 27, 2014

A halloween FHE

Today I woke up and spent the morning with the boys, since Natalie had a sleepover at grandma's last night.  We watched a halloween movie, then listened to some fun music as they ran around and played together and I got some good cleaning done.  Vacuuming, dish washing, organizing and kids room cleaning.  It was lovely.  By the time I had just finished, Natalie came knocking at the door with grandma while holding three kids happy meals from McDonalds.  I love that El's mom comes dropping Natalie of bearing awesome lunches for the kids.  They love it so much!  I decided to let Natalie stay up during nap time today since she was so cute and asked me so nicely. I tried to fix my sewing machine with fail so I called my visiting teacher Nancy to see if she knew anyone in the ward, and she gave me a great contact that I will call tomorrow, and see if she can take a look at it.  We watched Garfields halloween adventures which was fun.  El had a terrible migraine today, so he stayed home for most the day except for the hour he was gone taking his anthropology test.

We then had a great chicken taco dinner and an amazing family home evening.  I found this amazing site on pinterest for family home evenings with toddlers and preschoolers.  They have these amazing lesson plans that coordinate with primary songs.  So today we did the lesson on prophets.  Its actually an 8 week lesson and every week its about a about a different prophet.  Short and sweet for toddlers, but spiritually packed with juicy goodness.  We sung two songs, pop corn popping and follow the prophets (section on Adam)  We read from genesis (simplified it)  We explained that Adam was taught how to everything from his father in heaven like kids are taught to everything by us, their earthly parents.  El tied in Halloween, but teaching the kids that God taught Adam how till the earth and cook.  We have our pumpkins that were tilled and how when we make our jack-o-lanterns I will cook the seeds, just like how Adam would have done.  It was so perfect!  We then carved our pumpkins for our FHE activity.  It was perfect!

carving our pumpkin

she thought the seeds looked so cool and kept asking what they were and what we were supposed to do with them in between "Ews" lol 




our little jack-o-lantern

I put all the seeds and flesh in a baking dish and put in the table and let the kids squish their fingers through it and mix it with their own spoons.  They loved it and probably did this for a good 15 minutes at least.  

Our yummy roasted pumpkin seeds


No comments:

Post a Comment