Thursday, September 25, 2014

Play date with grandma

Today the kids all woke up at a normal time, around 8:15.  We played a little in the morning and relaxed before we had breakfast around 9. I let Natalie watch an episode of a Barbie show while we ate breakfast and got ready to head to grandma's house for a play date.  We played outside for nearly 4 hours, jumping and playing catch, eating snacks and playing in the sprinkler.  Perfect Thursday morning!  We had so much to eat at grandmas house that by the time we got back, we didn't even have to make lunch.

This was the first thing she wanted to do, was jump

and then it was to take off her shirt lol




this girl






Im so glad Els dad set this sprinkler up, they had a blast in it!  It was like having their own little splash pad in the backyard 


taking a break out to eat some snacks 


Natalie was drawing in a book, and so both boys had to have their very own book as well to draw in, with their very own pens 

I thought it was really cute how mom had Natalie set up sitting on the table in front of her.  She had arthritis in her knee so its hard for her this week to have any pressure or little ones sitting on her knees. 


We came home for a nap, I fixed up some torn library books that I will take back tomorrow.  Chicago fires new episode was one today I sat down and relaxed and enjoyed a bit of my show for a while.  I also decided that I need to loose at least 7 pounds for Sadies wedding and for Hawaii, so I ate celery, red bell peppers with ranch dip and some slices of marble cheese.  Thats it, and I was surprised to how yummy it was and filling.  I then ran an errand, came home and started preparing dinner.  We had home made baked sweet and sour chicken with baked vegetables and rice.  It was just as delicious as the picture looked!  Definitely going to make that again, and its very possible I will make it again tomorrow



After dinner, I put on a quick movie for the kids while I cleaned our blinds. I honestly don't think they have ever been cleaned before.  Which is actually disgusting, being that every apartment should have professional cleaners come in after the previous tennents moved out.  Not impressed the how these people did not clean!  I also cleaned under my stove yesterday and found all sorts of things that did not belong to me.  Seriously if your going to be in the professional business of cleaning, do it right!  Okay and that is my rant for the day :)

Have way through my cleaning just as the movie ended and I switched to disney music on my ipad, Natalie wanted to play with her play dough.  Such a great buy, because I think she played with it again for nearly an hour tonight too.  We also broke in our new paints earlier today while I was making dinner. I was so busy cooking that I didn't get a chance to snap a picture of her though.  Bright colors and completely washable with water.  Gotta love crayola!

No comments:

Post a Comment