Friday, August 29, 2014

Last week of August and holding on the summer with everything I've got!


I just can't believe that its the last week of August! My goodness where did it go!!  Well this is El's last semester at SLCC and next semester he will finally be up at the U and 2 1/2 more years to go!  I can see the light!  He is so crazy busy at school more so that I have ever seen him! He litterally leaves before me and the kids get up, he come home at 3:30 and leaves to go to the gym, come homes at 5 to eat dinner and then heads back out to do more studying or go to institute.  But I love how dedicated this man is! This guy goes to an institute class during the week in between his classes and then one night a week too!  I was definitely not that dedicated when I was in college, but then again I am glad he is the one who is since he is the one leading our family to righteousness.  Enough said I haven't really done any kid of recap of the kids this month, so I'll do a quick one here...

Natalie is talking even more! She says new words and makes new sentences literally every day!
She loves to still say "one more minu" when she wants to do something longer.  Im sure she hears me say one more minute honey all the time haha, maybe even too often.  She calls Heni and Lydia her "blest friends" and she calls her brother either "my boyz" or "my blothers" its very cute and endearing.  She is almost completely potty trained.  We started in the beginnign of July at the cabin with a little potty we bought in Wetaskawin and she switched to pull ups during the day and diapers during naps and nighttime and for the past two days she has work toddler training panties and only had one mistake!  So proud of her!  She still wears diapers during naptime and nighttime since she cant regulate while she sleeps, but during the day she is so good!  She got a plush cinderella doll from grandma as a gift and calls her "cinderbell" She always loves to play and brush my hair and talks about wanting long hair and tells me not to cut her hair anymore. She loves to brush her teeth and loves to make me and El artwork.  Mine are "pretty" and Els are "cool" She has started to say "me mad you" when she is mad at you or "my blother/Ben/Laddy mad me" when she thinks they are being mean or mad at her.  And when she tries to tell us that we are something like mean or bad or notty or nice she says "your name _______" like "your name nice mommy" lol or "daddy your name notty"  She also can not wait for dance to start!  She loves to put on music and then put her hands above her head and twirl like a ballerina.  She is going to love it not to mention that she and Lydia will be in the same class.  Natelie also love to do her somersaults and then wants you to clap for her and she also likes to clap and cheer on her brothers when they are doing jumps and somersaults.  Such a wonderful and supportive and loving big little sissie!

The boys have finally started talking and its so very exciting!  They both say the exact same thing so I will just clump them together instead of doing each one separately.  I hope thats not bad...one of the perks of twins I think. So they are saying "hi" when they see people and saying it ALL the time!  Probably the thing they say the most.  They also like to stay "topit" when I'm tickling natalie or playing with her and she is squealing.  They also say "owey" when they get hurt and that one is so cute!  They also come right over to you and give you the part that hurts to kiss.  melts my heart!  Ben is still very attached to his blankie which I love!  They are starting to understand some simple direction which is really awesome.  They are sitting in booster seats now at the table and Natalie still has her special chair. They are starting to try and eating with a fork and doing a reasonable good job at it.  They are however climbing out of their cribs and I am trying to channel my creativity to find a solution that is safe yet successful.  I have El working on it too, so I will post my creation once I have figured out what it will be.  The boys are starting to do somersaults and jumping off things and literally climbing up everything!! One they have done somersaults or landed their jump they look at you and clap trying to initiate your clapping.

Saturday 23
we took the kids to Liberty Park and let them run around and play in the splash pad.  We then were both craving cafe rio so we picked up cafe rio on the way home which really just hit the spot!

I love that she still likes to swing

Little Laddie swinging next to his sister



We are now pushing the swing by our self

monkey bar time


Laddie looking on now sure what he wants to do



the big girl swing

He thought he would give the monkey bars a try as well....had lots of fun trying them out

But they all more fun playing and funning around the water


Bennie boos and Nells


Sunday 24th
Today church was really good!  They had a free give away in the gym and El graciously picked me up a swedish cookbook since he knows how much I want to get in touch with my roots.  So I was very taken back and excited about it and it just made me love him even more!  We then went for a little ride after church and came home and got things ready for our big family dinner that night at Rays




Had so much fun playing with their big cousins on the tramp and Natalie and Heni were literally inseparable  the whole night
 

Happy to have their drinks


after dinner Nat came over and she did the ice bucket challenge and had her feel in the water and had three buckets poured on her head.  Way to go Natalie!

Monday 25th
Today we got up and headed to the little B street park that Lily showed us last Wednesday and the kids had fun, but they were all pretty fussy especially Natlalie.  Not really sure what happened but she had a very fussy day! We still tried to make the best of it.







We then went to pick up some little pip books I had on hold for Natalie and we stayed and played for about 5 minutes until the boys were so loud I thought we were going to be kicked out any minute lol



We then ran to Smiths to grab some greek yogurt for the egg salad sandwiches I was making for lunch






We then ran to Smiths to grab some greek yogurt for the egg salad sandwiches I was making for lunch

Tuesday 26th
Today my visiting teachers came over in the morning and it was a wonderful visit.  We took the rest of the day pretty easy and did some cleaning around the house since it was a bit rainy all day

Wednesday 27th
Today we spend the whole morning with Ashleigh Bassett doing my visiting teaching.  I finally got to meet my new sisters and and I love them!  Erin was lovely and her kids were so cute.  However when I parked infront of her house my back tire got stuck in a pot hole and so her and Ashleigh went down to find a guy who was doing yard week and he graciously came up and helped push my car out.  We then went to visit Betty and older lady with so much personality.  It was wonderful. The kids all played in her basement while her wonderful daughter babysat!

Thursday 28th
Today I took the kids to the old Liberty Park playground and it was so much fun!













We then headed to Els moms house that night while I did the ice bucket challenge and the kids played with grandma and aunty Tash





Friday 29th
Today we took the kids to vollyball with El again in the morning and then we went to the splash pad at gateway with Lily and the kids.












We then took a very nice and peaceful walk down through temple square and let the kids play around in their favourite dinosaur park.  Tonight is Els work night so me and Nells always do a movie night and tonight we watched Rio 2, but Natalie was more concerned with wanting to play hid a seek in the toy cupboard.



Sunday 30th

Relaxing Sunday and new family for dinner! 

Tash came over today again and Alexandria came over as well which was really fun!

snack time after sunday afternoon nap


No comments:

Post a Comment