Thursday, August 7, 2014

Summer days and busy days of August

Friday 1st
Today we woke up around 8 and started right onto getting things ready and packed for the cabin.  My dad said he originally wanted to leave at 10 but I don't we ended up leaving to nearly 11:30 lol My mom and I got everything ready to go by about 10:30 but my dad insisted on sweeping and cleaning out his new truck and taking his time packing, so I ended up taking the kids in the backyard and playing with them there for a bit while we waited.  The long 2 1/2 hour car ride up to the cabin went better than expected, aside from a small stop we had to make for a milk fill up on the kids drinks.

When we got there the kids went down for a nap and we unpacked.  The water was a bit better this weekend but you can still see the algea floating in the shore of the lake. So sad!  That night we had a celebration for my dads purchase on the new cabin behind ours!  They all opened champagne and  we toasted as we sat around the fire and then in the new patio we now have at the new cabin.

celebrating the new purchase 

cheers 

Nells not sure what the heck is going on! 


The new patio!  Its so nice and enclosed with screen.  I just fell in love with it! 



you can kind of see inside a bit.  Its very cute and cabiny



the cute little cottage living room

yep real wood burning stove!  This thing is an antique! 

The cute little (and may I saw newly updated) kitchen


bedroom # 1

and bedroom # 2

one the boys having fun getting to stay up with all the excitement! 



Saturday 2nd
Today was a busy day, a day with a many adventures!

We woke up in the morning and took the kids over to Maurine and Sevs cabin to visit and came across news station doing a bit on the blue green algea in the lake (its really gross)  And they interviewd me and I actually made it on the Global News Edmonton that night!

http://globalnews.ca/?s=pigeon+lake

We headed back to the cabin, had lunch and put the boys down for a nap.  We waited for Maurine and Sev to come over to our place to take a look at the new cabin.  The boys came back from golfing and my dad and Sev and Uncle Alan started the exciting task of taking down the fence!!!

Yeah taking down the fence finally!!! 


Very exciting! 



Grandma bringing the celebratory drinks! 





looking good!! 


Then we came back after the boys woke up and had some fun popsicles (pawka) as Natalie says on the deck.




the perfect shot!! 

having some fun playing with the hose in the yard





The boys just love the biker trikes here 


We then took the kids toe the playground after dinner


having tons of fun on the tire swing

she was having so much fun swinging for about 1 minutes and then she wanted off.  Thats about how it goes for all the playground equipment, except for the the swings and the bouncy mouse seesaw thingy 

while we were at the playground Maurine called and sayd we made the 6 o'clock news.  We headed back over to their cabin for the second time that day and watched the online video.  We then played at the beach in front of their cabin until the sunset.





Making sand angels in the sand 


Ben trying to make his own sand angels 




Sunday 3rd
Today we got up and had the most amazing swedish pancakes, courtesy of my grandma.  We then went to the farmers market and picked up a cool barbie and some fun cars for the boys.




ice cream on a beautiful sunday

playing on the spinner.  This is a huge favourite!


Later that day after the boys went down for their nap, and Natalie and I went over the hilgartners cabin and played some plunket (a newfoundland game) where you try and throw three small discs into a box and get 1 point and if you get it into the cylender in the middle you get three and thats a plunket and you have to do the plunket dance.  Natalie got a very nice popsicle (pota) as she says it from Aunt Janice.  We then headed down to the beach for about 2 hours until the Ben and Laddy woke up and joined the fun.  We then took a nice walk down the Maruine and Sev's place again and played there until dinner.

Later that night my dad took me and Natalie down to the beach to look at the sunset, and Natalie took the opportunity to have fun with the cool flashlight





was able to get this picture of us in between flashlight fun


My dad tried but the flashlight fun won sadly lol

Monday 4th
Today was a bit of a rainy and chilly morning, but we still got the kids up to go on grandpas fishing boat which coincidentally was also the boys very first time on a boat.


they looked so cute all bundled up in their sweaters and their life jackets 


on the way to the beach to board the boat 


grandma and benny

me and laddy

I really do love my mom so much and hanging out with her.  And what is more fun and relaxing then being on a boat 


By this time the kids were getting really restless and we were on our way back to shore to get out and get ready for some much needed lunch



The rest of the day was really fun.  The boys went for their nap, I picked up a trunk load of free toys ont he side of the strees and we started to organize the new cabin and pack as the boys slept.  We then got up played a bit more and headed home as it started to rain again.  But we were able to drive right into a beautiful rainbow, and I was able to barely capture it through the window while driving home. 

Natalie was so excited to see this rainbow and talked about it for the next 5 minutes. Then about an hour and a half into the drive home she wanted to see one again.  I tried to explain to her that they only come out after the rain comes, she was really sad and wanted me to buy her a "new one" such a cute age!  

Tuesday 5th
Today was pretty relaxing, spent at home and doing laundry and playing outside in the sprinkler.  We were going to try and go out, but it got too close to the kdis nap time so that is how we opted to stay in.  But it was a really good nice day and so much fun playing in the sprinkler ( I love the mister) So amazing on a hot muggy day!  The kids had lunch, went for a nap and then Natalie woke up, was cranky so she played on the ipad a bit.  Ben woke up and he was cranky so he cuddled and fell back asleep with my mom on the couch 


Laddy was the only one who woke up happy, so he got some fun time with me out in the yard with the hose all to him self! 


Natalie eventually came out and played on the iPad outside, but didn't want to get wet 


We made our own little rainbow, but Natalie was too grumpy to care or be concerned with it. 

Wednesday 6th
Today we took the kids to the Edgemont Elementary school playground and met up with Katie, and that was really fun! 


I remember these when I was young, but they neither had rope like this or a pole sticking out the middle. They must do something to make them go super slow (probably a safetly thing) but its not nearly as fun as I remember them.  I guess the only one that is still like my child hood memories is the one at Lindsey Gardens Park back home. 

having a ton of fun at playgrounds, its like one of her number one favorite things to do.  Her and her brothers.  Good thing I love going to them too!

Little benny always looking so serious


After nap time we got the kids ready and took them to this splash pad that was so amazing!  We are definitely coming back to this one!  I love it!  


I just love dressing these two the same and seeing peoples reactions, and then taking pictures 


They love the splash pads and so do I 





twin fountains for two cute little twin boys 

she kept going under this one and showing me how she gets her head wet just like a shower.  I loved it and it actually felt pretty good to get wet myself 


The figured out that just sitting down by the fountains and playing with the water the most fun thing to do here 

all wrapped up and cuddly 

Wednesday 7th
Today was a beautiful day so we took the kids to this playground at an elementary school by the library my mom spotted.   it was a great playground and the kids had so much fun!  When I brought the wipes out to wipe some noses, Natalie decided she would sit beside me on the bench and clean the dust off her feet.  When it was all gone, she put her feet back in the pebbles to get dusty to wipe them clean all over again. haha



We then took the kids the bendington McDonalds for a fun lunch and to play in an airconditioned play area since we got so hot outside. After a very short nap for the boys and fun backyard fun with Natalie we packed up yet again to head over to Janice Worsicks house to play in the backyard/playground behind their house.  It was an old playground but still really fun! 



two generations on the see-saw haha an awesome picture I think.

It was a really fun day but I just can't believe that I only have 1 week left here in Calgary!  How did the summer go by so fast!  I mean it actually feels like it has gone by faster this year than last.  It could also be the fact that we are here for two weeks less than last year, but I also feel like we were here forever last year and did a lot more!  But this year has just flown by and I feel like there is still so much that I want to do that we haven't done yet, like go to the zoo and more playgrounds and playing outside.  But we had a terrible storm tonight with super loud thunder and hail and Natalie woke up crying in her bed holder her hands over her ears scared to death.  Its 12:30 now and and she is still up with me so I suppose I should stop blogging and try and get her back to bed and go to bed myself since I have a resolve to get up earlier.  

No comments:

Post a Comment