Friday, August 1, 2014

July adventures in one of the best summer weather in a long time!


July is ending but summer is only half over we are right smack in the middle of summer and taking advantage of all the fun awesome things to do in Calgary.  Grandpa and Grandma's backyard is a huge bonus especially with the sprinklers and hoses to play with and the weather is really permitting going to all kinds of playgrounds and outside activities.  I am also updating my moms wardrobe so we are doing a lot of shopping for her and I am having so much fun playing personal shopper!  So much fun!  So far we have stopped at Talbots, Joe fresh and Tommy.

Tuesday 22nd
Today was my birthday shopping spree at Tommy, my yearly gift from my mom!  I just love Tommy clothes they are so classic and look so nice and clean and fit me so well! I could never afford the stuff my self, so my mom graciously lets me go shopping on my birthday for what ever I want there.  Very exciting day!  I got a ton of new tops and a new shirt, a pair of joe fresh sunglasses and some pay less shoes!  I love my mom!  We took the kids to cross iron mills mall and they got to play in the indoor playground, have A&W for lunch and then a much needed nap!







oh to be a kid again!  It actually looks like a lot of fun! 



I was so proud of little Ben climbing up the mountain.  I remember when Natalie was learning how to do it two years ago!  Gosh how time fliyes.  Sheesh!



Wednesday 23rd
today was spent inside hanging in the backyard, and playing at the park out back.  Relaxing and fun!

  its hard to see, but he is wearing his new shoes we got the boys on our big shopping spree on tuesday


I love this girl so much!

and this little guy sliding down the slide like a big boy

I love the pictures where I capture them together doing cute twin things




she is having fun exploring how many different ways she can climb around the playground.  This is a new one

Thursday 24th 
Today was a cold day!  A very cold day.  We ended up going to Tommy K Play for the whole morning and didn't even get back till around 2:30 for a very late nap.  I didn't take any pictures from Tommy K Play because every moment was so precious and we were having so much fun!  We went to the playground out back after nap for a bit but had to come back early because it was so cold out!  If felt like november outside. 




I love when I can get action shots


it was seriously so cold!


brothers pushing brothers





yep ben can climb up the slide all by him self


and he tried to push the stroller up the slide as well



Friday 25th
today we did a bit more shopping.  We went to market mall with the kids to find some pants for my mom and took them to the play area where they had fun.  Here is a great picture of grandma with some of her new clothes and hair style.  She looks so great! 



Market Mall fun play center







things got really quiet for a while tonight and so I went searching for Natalie.  I usually can hear her talking to herself, or her dolls or singing and I heard nothing.  We I found her in the living room taking out the stuffing to my moms couch tray lol



Saturday 26th 
beautiful saturday playtime in the backyard, photo shoot for daddy and playground fun time since it wasn't too hot today!  Next week is going to to be so hot so more splash pad and sprinkler time to come

El asked if I could take some pictures of all the kids together so he could use it as a background wallpaper for his phone.  I tried my best but it seems that only 2 out of 3 kids are ever actually looking at the camera lol 



playing on the swings at the little playground behind their house



after 2 days of very cold summer weather (like 10-12 degrees) we are finally getting some more warm weather again


it started out a bit cold today but man i feel like the weather just suddenly changed while we were out at the playground









we later headed over to Jens house and went out for a walk and some frozen yogurt. 

Sunday 27th 
We finally made it to church for the first time since we've been here and it was a great day at church.  The boys as usual did not do well during sacrament.  I had to take Laddy out for nearly the entire block and Jen had to take Ben out 3 or 4 different times as well, but they did great in nursery all three of them!  and sunday school and relief society were great!  Much needed after a long reprieve! 

My mom took these pictures of Natalie in her cute sunday attire right before we left for church 


She is wearing grandmas old pink necklace and felt so fancy and pretty with it on!

poor Laddy got sick tonight with a cold and had the hardest time sleeping tonight.  I think its about 1:30 right now and he finally just fell asleep 

poor baby

Monday 28th 
Today was a busy day.  We woke up early and headed out to cross iron mills again.  We rented the cool car strollers as well since the kids seem to like those.  We stopped at The Childrens Place and picked the boys up some much needed church shoes, since they have never had them before and my mom thought they should indeed have them.  Im not used to knowing i need something like that and just going out and buying it.  I guess thats the freedom that money brings.  One day! We then stopped by Tommy Hilfiger to get my mom some new tops and to exchange my skirt for a larger size.  
I went to do some grocery shopping and shocked my mom on how much I can budget.  That made me feel good.  Then we spent the rest of the night playing outside in the beautiful sun with the sprinklers.   Natalie and I then took a trip to the library. 


having fun eating popsicles or "pocka" as natalie says it. 


sprinkler fun!



one of my very favourite pictures!




I really need to get to sleep its so late right now and Natalie is getting sick as well and needs me to help her.  hopefully more to come tomorrow 

Wednesday 30th 
Today we went to Market Mall again so mom could ask some questions about her Ipad. So I took the kids to the play area while we waited for Grandma to get back.  It was fun, the kids had a good time.  We then spent the rest of the day relaxing at home and playing outside in the back, something I will miss dearly back in Salt Lake! But I am getting my fix in right now.  We had fun at night and went out for a night play and brought the chalk with us.  Laddy had a ton of fun watering the front yard, eating chalk and scaring grandma to death by holding his breath during a temper tantrum and nearly passing out.  I think my mom was on the verge of calling 911!  lol  Natalie had so much fun washing grandmas car with the hose, something she has never done before!  She loves using the hose to get windows wet, so a car was beyond her excitement! 

playing at the market malls play place.  The kids just love it! 

this plane is very a very popular attraction

the littlest Nells Bells


This cutie is helping her brother ride her tricycle.  And then about 30 seconds later she decided that he could no longer ride her tricycle because it was his, and things got much less friendly

Laddy drawing with his chalk

very happy little boy

and now Laddy eating his chalk.  It takes about 25 sec for him to realize he needs to eat it...every time!

Thursday 31st
Today was a really fun day!  We met up with Jen at about 11 in the morning at a wading pool in the NE by her work.  We thought it was going to be a splash pad (which the kids just adore) but they were doing construction on that so it was just the wading pool and a very old playground at the bottom of a very large hill!  

I actually didn't take a single picture of the kids in the wading pool since it was just too hard to watch and run after the kids and be holding a non water proof iPhone lol 

of course on the swings!  We love the swings! 

climbing on the old wooden playground


my little monkeys

she is loving swinging on these monkey bars, with my help.  When she can't hold on anymore she says "mommy done" (even though I am holding on to her the whole time)

Ben thought he would give it a go, and didn't do too bad.


Here we go again my little monkey and me


We later walked up the biggest hill ever and then tried to run/roll/tumble down but it was just so big that Natalie was a bit nervous to do too much on it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment