Sunday, November 9, 2014

Hawaii Day 6 Kauaii

Today we went to Damen and Jamies Ward, which conveniently happened to be right across the street from our condo!  It was so beautiful and I just couldn't believe the foyer in Hawaiian church! I again wish I lived in Hawaii. We only stayed for sacrament and then hit up the Olympic Cafe that we heard was amazing and had the best ever Hawaiian bread french toast with cocount syrup!  I am gointgto make it my mission to make hawaiian sweet bread and coconut syrup so I can make this french toast concoction!  Best breakfast ever!!! Sorry Coachmans :)  We then met up with Damen and Caleb and met his super awesome friend Wes!  He had one of the strongest pigeon accents ever (even stronger than Kenny and thats saying a lot!  Love you Kenny!) We let the kids run around while Damen and El fished in the river by our condo.  I then took the kids down to the beach.  It was cooler here in Kauaii than in Oahu, so it made it harder to hit up beaches without feeling chilly from the overcast and rainy weather, but we still had a blast!  We then drove up to Wes's families house in Kauai's backcountry and had a fish fry of freshly caught Ahi Tuna!  By fresh, I mean it was caught like an hour before we got there!  It was the best fish I have ever ever had!  El learned how to gut and clean fish and I chatted with his sisters and sister in laws and really anyone who would talk to me.  It was a great night!  They made Poke, which was soooo good!  OMG!




 this is the most amazing foyer in the entire world according to me!  If only we had beautiful tropical foyers like this!  and oh yeah!  It was outside, no roof and fresh tropical hawaiian air! perfection!


she had so much fun climbing these trees! I had so much fun watching her climb these trees





here is the church grounds


our first time at Olympic cafe.


 it had a beautiful view of the main street in Kapa'a where all the great shopping was at!


fishing with her pool noodle haha



our beautiful tropical sea side condo in Kapa'a Kauaii!



I just loved how quiet and serene this beach was



cousins at play





what a beautiful river! Across the river was a local fishing boat that takes people out along the river







one of my favorite pictures!  Dad this one is for you!

At Wes's house in the Kauaii's back country.  It was so beautiful!



MEAN WHILE BACK AT HOME
















No comments:

Post a Comment