Monday, April 7, 2014

April fools and other fun

I can't believe the April is here already again!  That means another month down and we are already 4 months into the new year! I guess its not really the new year anymore now.  Well its time for another catch up the the kiddos

Natalie
She is really starting to say more and more every single day!  She is now saying tons of 3 word sentences!  Its really exciting!  Every time daddy leave the house (especially at night for work) she has this conversation

Natalie: Daddy oddee's humming?
Daddy: Nope, no oddes
Natalie: Odde's way?
Daddy: Yup Oddees gone away!
Natalie: Okay

Its so cute and El just loves it!  She always wants to say bye to daddy and make sure she gives him kisses and hugs when ever he leaves.
In the car we will often have conversations with Natalie telling us

Mommy, Laddy hinda you (behind me)
Daddy Mem hinda daddy
Me hinda mommy

She says Shhh to get your attention just like She hears El do sometimes except El makes a kissing sound (its a Samoan thing) She is trying to imitate him.  She will have tons of prevent conversations on the phone to Aunties and Gramdma and Heni and anyone else.

When we ask her something she now tilts her head and looks up as if in deep thought and thinks about everything before she answers.  She is really becoming so cognitive now!

Some new words are
purpo (purple)
lello (yellow)
wed (red)
bla  (blue)
white
R
Mainty (painty or paint) she loves to paint with my acrylic paint.  I put a bunch of colors she asks for on a plate and give her a brush and she loves to mix them and see what colors they make.  She is becoming a little scientist too!  I love it!
nap
bottle instead of baba
Wata (water)
Peeees (please)
Tee tee (thank you)
she can count to 3 now
She is 38 1/2 inches tall and weights about 32 pounds so she is getting bigger, but she is also still little!

Laddy
will hold his finger to his mouth and go shhhhh (it is the cutest thing in the world!!!!!)
Loves to growl and play catch you!  He runs and runs and often plays catch you with Spencer or Natalie or sometimes all three will want to play and they will all be running around the house
He loves to climb on anything and everything!

Spencer
will now bring you his empty bottle when he wants more.  He is so smart!
He will also climb on everything and loves to climb onto the kitchen table and play with my plants.

They both like to make a break for it when the door is open and run outside.. Freedom!!!!  I think is what  they are thinking

They are both saying "uh oh" now with everything.  Sooo Cute!

They love going for walks (actually walking) down by the river and playing in the empty river.  We won't be able to do that much longer since Im sure they will be letting the water back in it any day now.  He loves to growl as well and loves playing catch you with anyone  who will play!  He is still my cuddle bug and wants up on me any chance he can get.

Neither one is saying  anymore words yet…just momma and daddy.
They have all 4 or their front teeth in top and bottom (so 8) and their 1st year molars are coming in. They each have about 3.

Tuesday April 1st
We didn't really do anything.  I tried playing some lame april fools jokes on El but they were pretty lame.  It was a really rainy day on April 1st, very indicative of April so thats just fine :)  We have been spending the last couple days just inside because of the rain.  But we have has some great indoor fun too!

I finally painted my bookshelf tonight!
before 

And after!

And then after with all the stuff back on it.  I really love it!  Turquoise is my favorite color if you couldn't already tell!  And lily told me thats a Martha Stewart favorite too!  Yeah we share something in common!

lots of dress up today with almost all of our dresses in the whole closset!  



puddle jumping in the rain is so much fun especially when she gets to wear her brand new fairy princess rain jacket with matching fairy princes boots


having so much fun in the rain…it was pouring!  You can't really tell in the picture, but the rain is coming down really hard…thus Natalies really funny face she is making.  She has never been in such hard rain before



The after effect of playing in the rain….soaking wet pants!  But it was so worth it!
 We came in after and I tried to do some spring cleaning and laundry and you can see how well that worked….they loved playing in the laundry so much I just let them have fun


Spencer is loving rolling around on the huge duvet

And then Natalie joined him in the rolling fun

And I then I found this little sneaky girl climbing in the closet playing peek-a-boo and pulling down all her dresses hahaha at least she was having fun

There is a better picture of her pin the process of pulling down a dress actually

and the boys playing together in the toy box.  It is currently lady inside the toy box and Ben sitting on the chair playing along side his brother.  They really are best frenemies.  They love each other so much and love playing with each other as long as they each have the exact same thing, other wise they fight like UFC wrestlers!


Wednesday 2nd
This was another super rainy day so we spent most of the day inside having fun. Lily and Lydia came over again that morning to do another craft project and it was really fun! Then we just spend the rest of the day inside and Natalie practiced painting again with my paints and loved it as usual.

so many colors and she asked for them all.  This was the day that I realized she could say purpo (purple) and she wanted all the colors I had, and she smashed them all together

just like this

Thursday 3rd.
Today was a rainy day again and pretty cold out so we again spent the day inside playing in tents and painting and I got to finish my table projects.  Natalie had so much fun watching me and kept asking me if she could help.  I tried the best I could to include her but it was hard, so she opted to play dress up and with her barbies most of the day.  All before Nap time

Just got them painted

And here is the finished project of the full effect of the distressing.  Im pretty happy with them.

Here is a closer up of them.  I really like them much better this way than just all black…and I did it all for under 8$!  I really an a do it yourself kind of person.  I thank my dad for that because he is the biggest do it yourself person I know!  definitely proud to be like my dad!  He really is the greatest guy I man I know!


Friday 4th
Rebecca and judy are coming tonight and so we were getting ready for them and Natalie spent the whole day is dress up and even took her nap as tinker bell :) 


Saturday 5th
Conference morning and it was just the most miserable day out!  We attempted to take the kids out for  bit of  walk but it was about to rain so instead we decided to take a little drive instead.  It was a nice realizing day. Judy and Rebecca got here around 6 last night, and we watch safe haven on Netflix while the kids slept.  They left so early in the morning that we missed them, but we saw them again later Saturday night and a good late night chat.  Very nice to see these girls.  Im so glad they got to see so many people on their trip (thats always nice!) and it was just so nice to have them here…plus they brought me Ketchup chips from canada and anyone who knows me you really probably buy my love with ketchup chips :)  Thanks guys!!!!

our attempted walk on saturday that lasted about 5 minutes until we had to turn around and head out for a drive instead.




Sunday 6th
Rebeca and Judy stayed in Sunday morning with us and we watched conference at our place.  They got to really see the kids at play and Spencer became best buddies with Judy!  It was really nice and relaxing and very uplifting as usual!  Later that night Dustin and Danielle and little Will came over and we hung out for a bit.  Dustin and El went out to see the new Captain America while me and Danielle stayed home and let the kids run around and play.  Will had a blast and the boys  and Natalie loved having him over!

Sunday morning conference with Rebeca and judy

Natalie watching a show on the iPad while we watch conference

Ben and his newest buddy Judy :)  He loved being on her and kept bringing her his blankie


Here he is again so happy that he figured out how to get her show on and was walking around the house in it.  Both boys were, I just didn't get a good picture of Laddy sadly.  He did spend most of the morning having tantrums.  He was just at the brink of getting a cold, so he wasn't having the best of mornings ever.

Dustin and Danielle's vista with little Will


El and Dustin relaxing after they just arrived. I thought I better grab my camera before I forgot. 

The kids playing in the bedroom…Will really liked climbing into Natalies bed

Spencer having a ball with a new friend over


Will kicking a ball (I guess he loves balls) and they are definitely not any shortage of them at our house!



Natalie and Will playing in the play tent



She tried grabbing as many animals as she could and wanted to show me all her babies






Monday 7th
We spent the day just relaxing at home.  The cousins came over in the morning again and El was in the room working on a big Engineering proposal for school.  He literally hibernated the whole morning.  The kids had a lot of fun playing and then we took the kids out for a walk and met up with Daniel and Dustin again for dinner at Coachman's for their last night. I also had the chance to work on a couple more projects.  I wanted to paint over some frames I didn't' really like.  I've been considering buying new frames, but I decided to just paint them instead.  I guess they are planning on coming back next weekend, so that will be really fun too!  Maybe some easter activities are in the midst?


I caught this great pic of Natalie in one of her temper tantrums over Heni wearing one of her dresses (the blue one in the back there) She sat on the ground and pouted.  I thought I would take the picture in the midst of the action this time!  Its not always smiles here at our house haha

Laddy tried to be a turtle this morning with Monsons help lol

Natalie and Heni were playing with Natalies sesame street play house a lot!


Some of the frames I repainted this afternoon.  It was this nice silver distressed color.  I have two of the same frame and I just didn't need two of the same color.  I am redecorating our bedroom, turning it blue and white (and finally painting the dresser and bookshelf)  Found the best thing since sliced bread!  Its this great primer zinsser 123 from walmart, and it literally goes on all surfaces, including laminate and veneer!  So yeah!!!!



Our walk with daddy after he finished his proposal




She looks so tiny next to El I think!

We literally can't go for a walk without "mina walk" aka her baby stroller

We walked down to DFCU to depossit Els check from work, and it was just such  beautiful day!



Waiting outside the bank while daddy went in. They have suckers inside so Natalie was on her way in to follow daddy to make sure she got some candy

The very happy after shot of her with her candy sitting on the bench waiting for El to come out


Yeah mommy look!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment