Thursday, October 22, 2015

October week 3 weekly roundup

This third week of October El had fall break so we had a lot of family time with him, which meant we hit up a ton of halloween festive activities.  We hit up Cornbellies, which we then decided for what you get and the price they charge, it is not worth it.  We've gone for 3 years now and each year we sort of felt this, but this year we really felt it! Oh well still a good day.  We went to halloween stores and I finally finished Natalies felt board table and made some felt activity sets.  I made a pumpkin, an haunted house and a seasons tree for her. Next will be a turkey for counting the feathers, numbers 1-10, letters and some winter/christmas stuff along with a build-a-princess-castle play set. We had Els Uncles funeral that weekend and then a great family home evening about death and the atonement, along with some cookie decorating activites after.  We also had our annual play group halloween party that Aria hosts every year that was super fun!  And I had my first time taking all three kids to the reading group at the library and it was such a success!  The boys did great, I read down all my fines {$6} but still.  And the kids got to make halloween masks learn all about halloween monsters!  I have also decided that every Monday Wednesday and Friday, I am going to do my own preschool with the kids in the mornings.  The co-op preschool we do on Thursdays is good, but its just so hectic.  People like to do it a parks outside, where there are so many distractions for the kids, it actually feels more like a playgroup than anything else, so I will substitute on my own.  Pretty excited to give this a go.  Actual lessons, activities and books.  Crossing my fingers mom that this goes well. 


Corn bellies with the family 

minions with minions




Natalies favorite part was obviously the dress up area with the pumpkin princess





Sunday dinner with Ipo.  So great we do this

The new Felt board table I finally finished for Natalie.  She is working on the seasons tree I made for her.

Here she is with the pumpkin

On our way to Ballet

Cookie decorating for FHE








Our annual play group halloween party







picking magical flowers at the park after the party for me, so I can get the powers to beat the mean witch!  I swear I live in a constant fairytale with my kids, and I could not love it more!  I just love Natalies imagination!




Our super crazy successful library day




spooky monster masks







We went on a little hike to memory grove along the river.  They loved it so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment