Thursday, August 16, 2012

Back in Salt Lake City


My new Dr. is amazing!  Dr. Holmes.  She is so incredible!  My cervix some how measured longer this week!  Don't know how, neither does she.  When all this went down about two weeks ago, my cervix went from 5 to 2.5 to 1.8 in a month and they rushed me to the hospital in Canada, measured everything and gave me steroid shots.  Now steroid shots are the MOST PAINFUL shot I have ever had.  I really like felt like someone shot me in the hip.  I couldn't walk afar and I had to take tylenol for the pain and I bruised.  They are the worst shots ever and I had to get two!  Ahhhh!  But its all for the boys, so its all good.  But this week my cervix measured at 2.5-2.6 which is still short, but much better than 1.8.  My Dr. wants me to try and get to 32 weeks, 2 more weeks, cause I guess at 32 weeks, a lot of the complications and risks go down such as bleeding of the brain and intestinal infections and so on. (All very scary things to hear when you don't know if you will make it)  But I am doing everything I am supposed to, keeping off my feet, laying down a lot and pretty much spending my whole day on the couch.

We still don't have insurance so we are trying to figure out how we are going to pay for the babies.  We have decided that we are going to try and qualify for the financial assistance and IHC hospital and see if we can get accepted for medicaid again.  In order for us to do this, we need to get rid of the money in our savings, so we have decided to buy a new car to invest the money in.  We are looking at Nissan Altima's.  Hope we hear back on what is happening with our Highlander in Montana.

31 weeks now and feeling like I am 41!  But Dr. said if I can get to 32 weeks than the babies do just as good as babies born full term.  So we are praying and crossing our fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment