Monday, June 23, 2014

Fathers day week and rainy break

This week starting friday started getting a bit colder.  Fathers day was still warm but you could feel the wet and the cool air that night.  Monday through Wednesday were pretty chilly, Tuesday being the worst and the most rainy.  It got all the way down to 13!  But it was a really nice break from all the heat.  And today was super hot again so the rainy reprise is over and the sun and heat have made its re-debut. Watching my kids this week, and thinking about how it is already the middle of June made me kind of step back and really look at what was in front of me. The pure magic of a toddler, the wonder and pureness and amazement in every step they take.  The joy in their eyes as they discover new things in the world that we as parents and adults so often forget to notice or realize. Watching then and spending this week with then really reminded me how our children really do inspire wonder.

Sunday 15th Fathers Day
This was a really special day!  It just so happens to be one of Els favourite holidays, so that in its self made it extra special and wonderful.  We had an amazing day at church!  Even though I lost my temporary temple recommend and had to make a new appointment to get it redone (felt pretty stupid) the kids did really well!  They boys lasted longer in sacrament than ever before which was really special for fathers day.  I finished up my cupcakes and then we headed over to grandma's and grandpa's house for the BBQ.  It was a fantastic day!  I don't have all the photos yet, but this is what I have so far.

Little bens running around any chance he can get


Nells is helping Grandma clean off the tables for the BBQ and the pavement and having so much fun

Laddy making his presence right after he just got his diaper changed

cleaning her car

and cleaning the cooler

and the stroller lol

watering the garden

yeah Auntie Tash is on the tramp!


these two!


does it get any cuter?  Seriously!


they are literally the same age minus 3 days!

all the kids


the 3 3yr olds

Beautiful Natalie

Monday 16th 

having fun drawing on paper with chalk 
...and he had to take it on the stroller ride with us too

it was a cooler day today and I decided that today would be a great day for a library trip.  She is pretending on the reeds is a tail just like a bunny! haha so cute I love their imagination and wonder!

Tuesday 17th
super rainy day today too, so off we went to Bounce around Utah since last time we went for Natalie's birthday, Laddy was sick and had to stay home. So we all went and had so much fun!  Def going again!!!!!

Here is Natalie playing in the puddles in her pretty fairy princess rain coat and boots

My little sprite

yeah for bouncy house!




my nellsy bells
 the twinkies

having fun in the bedroom!
 Hi bennys


Thursday 18th
Today was Natalie's first ballet/tumbling class and it went pretty good.  We then came home for a quick lunch and then off to the free swim lesson at swim kids with Aria and a bunch of others. She did so good and had so much fun! 

my beautiful ballerina 

first day of ballet school

Thursday 19th
We made our costco trip and checked out my camera and found out it is kaput! So I have adopted El's old iPhone as my new camera and Im pretty excited about it cause it mean I don't have to buy a new camera.  Yeah! We then went to Pioneer Park (yes with all the hobos) and let them play on the playground and then walked to bruges for a little lunch and I had the best waffle ever!  It was waffle, strawberry, brown sugar and ice cream! So good!  And that night was my birthday dinner at Tuscanos with our awesome groupon!  Thank you sunshine! 

awesome cheese and chicken scrambles eggs with fresh oranges



on our way out and Ben is looking at me like mom what are you doing....lets GOOO!!!

Laddy having a bit of a tantrum because Im taking his picture instead of taking his hand out the door


Friday 20th
Today was a really hot day so we got the kids up and took them over to Liberty park and let then have tons of fun in the sun and play in the water.  We then went to Riley's (my favourite sandwich joint) for lunch in an after math celebration of my birthday. (even though my birthday is not until july 5th, but El will miss it so we are trying to make up for it now) We later took the kids to play at the elementary school by our house while El did his exercising and then we went to one last birthday hot spot, Zuppas, cause I love their sandwiches and soups!  It was a great night! 






we were playing store and I was buying some relaly yummy woodchips!

Laddy made a beeline to the water...hes such a water monkey!


Ben on the other hand does not really like the water, but prefers to anything but lol


great splash pad













































Later that day at Farmington shopping center playground 








Our last family picnic at Jordan Park 












No comments:

Post a Comment