Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A mixed goodbye to an old friend

So about 6 years ago while I was in university I got my first car.  I great girl she has been to me! A beautiful red toyota corolla.  That weekend my besties and me took her on a huge road trip to California, and dubbed her "Cali"  She was wonderful.  I have had so many wonderful memories with her.  Took her down to Utah with me when I moved, met my husband in her, trekked my daughter around in her.  And toady, I sadly sold her.  But I sold her to a wonderful 21 year old girl, going to university just as I was.  So the torch is passed on to a very deserving sister!   Cali deserves to be in the limelight with the single crowds, going to parties, spending her days in university parking lots, and going on first dates!  May you enjoy your new owner, friend and memory maker cali!  I will miss you, but you are in good hands!

I didn't think it would be so hard for me to let her go.  As she was driving off, I started to cry, thinking about how much I was going to miss her, but thinking about how great her new owner will be makes me feel better! I also can't believe how fast she sold! I put her up on KSL not even a week ago, and was getting close to 5-6 calls a day for her.  She apparently is in very high demand!

We bought a brand new 2013 Nissan Alitma earlier this week.  A beautiful chocolate mocha color and we have our lovely Toyota Highlander still in great shape.  But we are no longer a family of Toyota's.  We have added the Nissan to the mix.  A great car to welcome the two new little bundles of joy we are expecting later this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment