Friday, September 7, 2012

18 month check-up and 33 weeks!

Natalie had her 18 month check up today with her new doctor.  Found a great pediatrician office,  Grow up Great Pediatrics in Bountiful.  It was a great experience.  I had the best doctor and office in Logan at Treehouse, and I was skeptical as to whether I would find a good doctor here, but I definitely found one.  The office is Dr. Seuss themed and bright and cheerful.  The nurses are wonderful and really know how to treat the little toddlers that come in.  The rooms are full of colors and toys and fun animal and character decals on the walls.  It was great.

She went to get weighed and insisted on bringing her baby (my moms old doll Cathy)  and the nurse weighed her baby first and then Natalie.  It was so great.  She is a healthy 18 month year old.  She is in the 95th percentile for height and 25th percentile for weight.  So she is tall and skinny.  She is right on target for development and the doctor was impressed by how many body parts she could point to.  That would be all of them!!!!  Yeah for Natalie!

Got all her vaccines and was so proud of her . She barely cried and as soon as the nurse took her hand to take her to get a lollypop she stopped right away.  As a treat, daddy is taking her out to the State Fair tonight to have some fun.  She was so excited!  She will get to see the animal shows, and pet all the barn animals in the petting zoo and eat some fun food!  She is going with daddy to meet up with some of daddies friends.  I can't go cause I am on bed rest...the wonderful joys of bed rest.  NOT THE BUSINESS I tell you!!!!!!!  I hope I never have to do bed rest again!

But today I am officially 33 weeks.  Cervix is definitely shorter at just over a centimeter which is really short and dilated to a 1 cm, but still carrying these babies.  I am praying I can make is to next friday, September 14th.  That will make me 34 weeks and by then my doctor said that babies do really well and often don't even have to really be in the NICU, maybe only for a couple hours or a day.   That is music to my ears.  Even if they are born now, they will still be okay, but I am crossing my fingers for one more week.  If I can make it till then,  then what ever happens after that I am cool with.  I won't be so concerned with bed rest and won't be so nervous and stressed about the babies.  So here goes to hoping all goes well this last week!   No car to sell, no going out to restaurants and no unpacking new baby items.  All is done hopefully!   I would just like to say again that bed rest SUCKS!!!!!!!!!  IT SUCKS!!!!!!!  SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS!!!!!!!  Okay, I think I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment