Saturday, February 28, 2015

weekly roundup 4

This last week has been a hard and strenuous week.  El has been so sick with a fever and sore that he stayed home from school from Tuesday onward.  He went to the doctors on Friday and they gave him some antibiotics to fight off a bacterial infection.  But by Sunday his fever was worse and he was in more pain so we went to the ER and they told him he has a MRSA infection.  They gave him an antibiotic via IV that took nearly 4 hours to fully infuse and then they told him to come back the next day to one more.  He went in at 7 in the morning and by 11 when the antibiotic was finished infusing, his temperature spiked to 105.  They did some blood tests and a CT scan and found he had a pocket of bacteria fluid that needed to be removed so he went into surgery and had that done and now he has a huge wound by his leg that has to be dressed and filled, so hopefully I can learn and do it so we don't have to have a home care nurse! More $$$ that we just don't have :(  But during the week, the weather was pretty good, so I took the kids out a bit and we played inside building forts and having dance parties and playing games.  Sometime during the week I think Wednesday, Els parents came over and gave both me and El a blessing.  He gave El a blessing for health and just me a blessing for peace, which was really nice, since I felt like I was failing on all levels that week, as a mother and a wife and a friend and just a human being!  It was a hard week,  but I love blessings!   It really makes me realize how true the church is and makes me so grateful for the atonement and the priesthood.  It was a wonderful little reminder and pick me up that I really needed!

Here are the pictures from the week.

Sunday March 1st



Saturday Feb 28th 



Thursday Feb 26th
Spent the day at Grandma and Grandpas house so El could catch up on homework.  We didn't know at this point that he had a bacterial infection yet.







Wednesday Feb 25th
This was the day that his parents came over and have us a blessing.  The day was pretty good though, the kids had a ton of fun going on a walk.  We just took a morning stroll down South Temple since it was so beautiful.  We came home and had some lunch and then played games and made forts.  I did some crafting and made a sign that my sister in law asked me to make her for Easter.













Tuesday Feb 24th 
It was fort day today and we played monsters and bears and had a dance party.  It was great and so much fun! 



Our cool under the table fort that we hid from the monsters from





peek a boo from Natalie!  She was taking turns being the monster





Monday Feb 23rd

No comments:

Post a Comment