Monday, October 8, 2012

They are finally here!

It happened!  Tuesday Oct 2nd at 8:30 pm Spencer and Lester Pe'a came into this world and became new members of the Pe'a family!

So Monday I went in to my stress test and had a few contractions, but nothing that I could feel so it was a bit discouraging!  Later that day I went to see my doctor for my appointment and I was still dilated at a 3.5.  She told me it wouldn't be that much longer since I was dilated so much, and said latest would be next thursday for an induction.  I was pretty bummed since I wanted those babies out then!   That night I was feeling a bit crampy, but chalked it up to me just wanted to be crampy so I led myself to believe that I was.  El told me that if I was still feeling that way tomorrow to call in and tell Dr. Holmes.  I woke and felt fine......bummer!!!!!

So we decided to go out and get some errands done.  We had Natalie with us and decided we would go to Kid to Kid to look for some shoes since she has sadly graduated to a size 6.  She is growing up too fast!!!!  We went to Payless and Target and found nothing, and went to Kid to Kid in Salt Lake (sugar house one) and found a couple pair of shoes.  Then went to the one in Bountiful and found no shoes but a very cute Christmas pajama set.  Natalie was getting pretty cranky by this point and so we decided to go and get some lunch as subway. We were pretty close to the Walmart so we decided to make a quick last trip there to see if they had any cute shoes.  We found a cute pair of black mary janes, perfect for church and by this point Natalie was beside herself!  I however was feeling just fine!  We went home to put her down for a nap.  She was so tired she went down almost immediately.  I decided to lay down myself.

All of a sudden I started to feel kind of crampy again.  I got a bit excited but at the same time thought it was maybe in my head so I didn't do much.  I tried to just play it off and go to sleep.  Well about half and hour later, I was feeling worse and thought that Hey....maybe something really is happening here.  I told my mom to wake up Natalie and that we should go to the hospital cause I was having really bad cramps!  I called El and told him to come home and if I wasn't home I left and to come to the hospital.  Natalie wasn't so excited being woken up, but we made the 5 minute drive to the hospital.  I walked up to labor and deliver and told the lady I thought I was in labour.  She got my the wheel chair and wheeled me in.  They took me into a room and and by this point I knew I was having contractions and was in labor!!!  Mom and Natalie showed up right away. They checked me and I was still at about a 3 1/2 still.  My contractions were about 10 minutes apart which is pretty far apart. But since it was twins they kept me in there.  They hooked me put to IV and all that good stuff.  El got there and they put in the epidural which by the way hurt a lot more this time than the last!    By this point it had been about an hour.

El wanted to shower since he just came straight from work and was starving.  Since labor with Natalie was like 11 hours we thought we were in for the same treat.  I told el to go home shower, eat take his time, we'll be here all night probably!  The epidural was making me tired to I decided to go for a nap.  About an hour later the nurse came in to give the antibiotics and told me that if I had any pressure to let her know.  I had none.  About 5 minutes later El walked in and she was checking me and said I was at a 4 now.  about another 10 minutes later I started to feel a bit of pressure.  I wasn't going to tell the nurse since it wasn't that bad, but I thought I probably should.  I told her and she checked me again and to all our surprise I was at a 9!!!!  They handed El his scrubs told him to put them on, called Dr. Holmes and wheels me in to the OR down the hall.   Once we got to the room they checked me again and I was at a 10 ready to push.  Well I pushed for about 5 minutes and the babies were out!

BEST LABOR EVER!!!!!!!

They took me back to the recovery room and Lacey was there to greet us. I  fed the boys and they took to it pretty well.  Laddy a bit better than Spencer.

Spencer had to have a bit of oxygen at first but only for a couple of minutes.  Then he was fine!  We had two very healthy little boys! We were taken to one of the private rooms and I fed the boys again. got my pain medication, called everyone and let them all know the good news and went to bed.

We had Grandma Pe'a and Grandma Lowen and Natalie come the next day.  Natalie came in with two balloons saying its a boy.  There was a knock at the door, and it opened slightly, the balloons floated in and then peering inside was Natalie.  She saw me, squealed Mama and ran up to me!  Saw the babes and got super excited!  All she wanted to do was hug and kiss them.  I love her so much!!!!  Ray, Tash and Nat came next, and stayed for about an hour.  Grandpa Pe'a came next for a quick visit.  All or our friends came that night. We had TJ and Sarah come visit, Denise and Kristy, Lyman and his sister Aaron, Lacie again.  It was wonderful to see all of our friends.  The next day we had Angie stop by.  We love how great all of our friends are and we love them so much!

Recovery is showing to be a bit harder second time around, which I guess is normal and nursing produces the worst cramping ever, which again is apparently normal.  But all and all, it was a really great experience!  El said he said a prayer before asking for anything but worse.  Boy talk about a prayer being answered!  It was 10 times better than we could have ever dreamed!  haha


No comments:

Post a Comment